Thursday, January 11, 2007

Addendum to 1/11/2007

From: Sherman Rootberg (BiggiRoot)
Date: Jan 11, 2007 8:57 PM
Subject: Addendum to 1/11/2007

Addendum to 1/11/2007

I forgot to include this in the first part I sent this date.

This evening we went to the Compass Rose, the main restaurant. They try to have it as classy as possible. As you walk in there is a head person at a podium assigning tables. Lined up are the many head waiters greeting you by name with a good evening. At least that is how they greet us. As we walked in this evening the manager of all the restaurants was there himself, assigning tables. He was on the phone obviously talking to someone giving him a bad time about reservations somewhere. Into this classy setting walks some guy and after waiting about 20 seconds becomes annoyed and says loudly, what’s he doing? Talking to his girlfriend? At least the head waiters that were lined up there thought it was funny. Some were covering their mouths while others were turning their heads around so the manager guy wouldn’t see them laughing. Yeah. It was me. I did it.

Then a wino broad comes up to ask us about our wine choices. They call them sommeliers. I don’t say that well. I think it is another one of those French words. I don’t do well with French stuff. Wino serves me just fine. The red they are suggesting this evening was an Australian wine. The wino has a pretty strong accent. Sounds like German. Anyhow, she says it is Mom Back. That’s what it sounded like she said. I made her repeat it a couple of times and it kept sounding the same to me. So finally I looked it up on a list and she was close. It was really something like Molem Beck. I said to her, oh that’s good. You had me scared for a minute. I thought you said it was Mom Back. Do you know what Mom Back is? She looked scared while shaking her head and saying no. I said that’s the guy who stands behind the garbage truck and says – mom back, mom back. To this she replies with a very straight face, that is a joke? As I shook my head yes she then starts laughing. Meanwhile all the busybodies around, that were listening in, are laughing and spraying mouthfuls of food all over themselves. Maybe you had to be there?

No comments: