Thursday, December 28, 2006

Fwd: (no subject)

From: Sherman Rootberg (BiggiRoot)
Date: Dec 28, 2006 6:23 PM
Subject: (no subject)
12/28/2006

Our 2007 world cruise is starting a little early this year. We don't leave until December 29th but events are starting a little earlier. Anyone not wanting to be on the list of those I am sending to, please let me know and I will remove you.

To those who do not know, Spike is our 11 pound white toy poodle. He is 10 years old and is really very sweet to everyone. He is really Bobbi's baby. At least he thinks so. It is always very sad to leave him. This time we found a lady that will watch him in her own home and he will never be put in a cage.

We brought Spike to the lady that will take care of him for the next four months. She lives in a cottage that is behind a house in the old nice part of Hollywood. It must be the original guest house. There is a large very nicely landscaped yard.

Spike had been there once before with Bobbi. He came into the yard and made himself right at home. There were three other cute little dogs including her own black toy poodle. Spike is very sociable and they were all friends right away. He then walked into the house and ate the food out of all the other dog's bowls.

We brought in all of his stuff from the car and talked to Pam, who is the lady watching him. After a while it seemed he was happy and we left. We never knew he cries when we leave him. Following is the note Pam sent us this evening.



Hi Bobbi,

Just wanted to write to let you know that Spike is being a very good boy. He acclimates incredibly quick. He cried for five minutes right after you left, scratching at the baby gate, and then when I was sure you were gone, I opened it, and he went running to the front to look for you. The others went following him, and brought him back. It was too cute... like come join us and hang out. Realizing he was here now, he just walked around the yard enjoying the company of Casper. After they walked around the yard together, then they just sat next to one another on my landlord's porch taking in the sun and fresh air.

I went out for lunch and he found himself a comfy place on the couch. That seems to be his favorite spot in the house. I can see that will be his area. He seems to like the privacy of being in the living room, yet within site of me here in the office.

We spent the day outside, because it was just gorgeous out. I did my laundry and they all followed me from one side of the yard to the other. He seems to enjoy being around all the other dogs. Then we came in and I gave everybody a chicken jerky treat and he and Stella were laying on his bed eating them. I thought that was very sweet of him to share his bed with her.

Anyway, he has a nice hearty appetite... I fed everybody a little while ago, and he was ready to eat again! I see I'll have to keep him in check, so he doesn't get pudgey!

Enjoy your vacation... write or call anytime.

Sincerely, Pamela

No comments: